At home I.m the only one who fancies a good fruit cake so I have to wait until there is a family meeting to bake one of these.
My recipe is inspired bu Mary Berry but I have changed it so much that I feel free to name it as My fruit cake.
This is the kind of recipe that you can bake beforehand as it gets better two days after it is baked and also because you need to soak the fruits at least 12 hours.
- A small pinneapple can with the juice.
- 400 grs of mixed dried fruit of your election: raisins, currants, dried bluberries, dates, dried figs, candied peel…
- cherry or liquor ( optional)
Mix the fruits in a conteiner and let them soak for 12-24 hours stiring ocasionally.
For the batter you need:
- 150 gr butter, room temperature
- 50 gr light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 200 grs plain flour+ 2ts baking power
- 1ts cinamon + 1/2 mixed spices
- soaked fruits
First preheat the ove at 170º.
Mix well the butter and the sugar, add the eggs until well incorporated. Sift the flour with baking power and spices and mix well. Finally fold the fruits so they are well distributed.
Choose your favourite tin, butter it and bake for 40-50 minutes. Make sure it is well baked as it is a really wet mixture and it takes its time.
Leave ir to cool in a wire rack and the keep in an conteiner to enjoy within at least two days.
I hope you like my recipe!